Wednesday 24 May 2017

Wednesday 24th May 2017 - lots of positives

St Pancras Leisure Centre
Ajani - Tuesday May 23rd

Posted 1:30pm
It's a nice sunny day, and feeling positive about a lot of things.
If only program numbers were just a bit higher.
But this is the pilot and finding our way.
On Monday - week three (counting prelim) we had three people. It was great to see Rosie, Wayne and Michael, and the program on "health and fitness" seemed to go down okay. We talked a lot about looking after your insides as well as your outsides.
Tuesday saw us having our second free gym session.  Last week it was Emma and Rosie with us. This week it was just Wayne, accompanied by myself and Dean. It was really good to see him so positive and pushing himself. He had a great time. "I can't believe more people have not turned up. It's free" he told us - which did echo our own feelings.
"It's the first time I have run for 10 minutes in the last fifteen years" he also added. So we definitely doing some good.

Had a good meeting with Scott yesterday - and once again my to-do list has grown. We would like to investigate the corporate opportunities of the program with Graduates and Apprentices. We all feel that big companies, who like to ensure their staff are looked after physically and mentally, would like what we are doing.

We have found a contact at Hackney Council that may be able to introduce us in the area, and I have left a message on her voicemail to meet up - more news to hopefully follow on that.
We also finally found a contact in Islington that might be able to help link us to the Islington CCG. We are very much aware that there are rules about commissioning and tendering, but we just want an opportunity to show what we are doing and the potential outcomes.

We are still waiting to hear about the Great Get Together event - I did not realise they were waiting for some extra information from us until I messaged this morning - so I am getting that off to them today.

Personally - I am throwing myself back into the fitness - it definitely helps that we have Dean as our Personal Trainer. I have already lost weight this week - I have my targets yet again (people must be so frustrated at me). Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment