Friday 13 December 2019

Friday 13th December 2019 - Preparing for Christmas

Image result for christmas clipart

Posted 11:05pm

For many people, christmas is not like the adverts on television, with lots of family around, laughter, games and interaction.  It can be a quiet time, on your own, or with just one other. But that foes not mean you have to allow it to suppress you.

However, for people who have gone through mental health issues, and are on their own - such as myself - it can be tough. I try not to allow that to happen. It is not easy. I have done most of my food shopping for the 25th - yes, I did get most from Iceland - but will top up just before with veg and dairy. I put my tree up a while ago as it brings back memories of my youth. There is something about tinsel and christmas lights that puts a smile on your face.

HMHB will be quiet over the period, mainly because other organisations we need to liaise with will all be closed. It does not mean we will be quiet. We will be doing our walks on the Thursdays - our Xmas one on the 19th, then on Boxing Day and the 2nd Jan. I do not see any reason not to walk, even if it is just me that comes along.
We will also be doing our fitness sessions on Tuesdays - the gym is open both Christmas Eve morning and New Years Eve morning - as well as both Saturdays. It will do me good to get out. I wonder if anyone else will come - maybe not.

We also will be looking at the sales for stationery items for the upcoming courses, and making sure all the finances are in order too. 2020 has to be our year. It has to be the one where we get seed funding. There is no way we will be able to continue without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment