Friday 9 July 2021

Friday 9th July 2021 - Lots to report - I must update this more often!!! :-)


Posted 11:20am

How is it I forget to update this blog so often??  It has actually been a whole month.  And lots has happened.  I am going to try and discipline myself to ensure I add more entries.

Still no news from the DWP re a meeting - despite promises and good words.  However, there is a meeting being arranged with the local NHS Trust and commissioners.  It is all frustratingly slow.

We have secured some small funding from Islington Giving Fund, through Cripplegate and Islington Council, to do another fitness session with Dean, do a year of our monthly health packs, and get a very decent camera to produce online provision.  Very exciting, and we are extremly thankful for their ongoing support.

On a down side, the Lottery turned us down saying we had not involved the "community enough".  I think it has to be how I worded the application, as we are very community based, so I will reapply and adjust my wording.

Our wonderful Rosie, so cruelly taken from us in May by cancer, was featured in the Islington Tribune this week, which was fantastic and fully deserved.  At 45, she was far too young.  We hope it will inspire others to not sit back and wait for things to happen, but to push themselves forward at every opportunity as life is too short.

More news to follow. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment