Friday 17 February 2017

Friday 17th February 2017 - stagnated a bit - pushing myself



Posted 11:10pm
So the end of the second proper week in February - and I must push on.  My report card from school would say I needed to focus more on what I am doing, and to put more hours in.  It would also probably say I had been distracted of late, and to stop allowing others around me to move my centre of attention from my targets.

So with all that in mind I was investigating other things we can recommend to our users when it comes to free opportunities to get fitter.  And this would help me too.  One of these if the Park Run - and we have one in Highbury Fields near to us.  So I have registered with the website (I did not realise I had to do that before being suitably prompted by Adam - thanks) and will be therefore doing my first official run tomorrow morning.  Looking forward. - my barcode above will help me get my time.

There is also a group called Our Parks.  They have free sessions in different parks around the country, and Clissold Park near me is holding a Yoga class tomorrow morning at 10am (the run above is at 9am and is 5km).  So I have signed up for that too.

I had a good preparation meeting with Disability Action Islington this afternoon, and it was good to look at the whole picture.  We went over registration, action plans, and he had a wonderful idea about running some kind of event the week after the program where we would invite other organisations and the press to talk about what we have done and the outcomes it has produced.  I love this idea.

Our biggest issue at the moment is Insurance.  We must have it in place.  DAI naturally want to see the documentation.  I am determined to get something - but involves money.  The stresses of being of the boss!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment