Thursday 2 February 2017

Thursday 2nd February 2016 - glad it's a new month - feeling rejuvenated

Posted 2:10pm
Waiting in Canary Wharf to chat with Scott at the moment.  But feeling quite good at the moment after a tricky and sticky January.  I could, and maybe should, have done a lot more, but got stuck in a but of a rut.  However, one of the points of the program is to deal with challenges and face them head on and staying positive.

We presented a 13 week program last December, and it is something I would prefer to keep, but for the pilots we are providing a 9 week program (the DWP have said that they feel a 9 week would be better for them too, so this is a good chance to try it out).  So I have finally managed to incorporate most of the 13 week into the new 9 week program, but I was aware that I did not want to compromise quality - and I am confident that I have done that.

The 9 weeks will be for SHP and DAI, both aiming to start on the 23rd March - so this month is crucial in getting everything in place, as we want to get forms out to users at least two weeks prior to the course.  We want to get permissions slips, waivers, and health information prior to the first day. This saves time on the 23rd, as well as making our Personal Trainer aware of issues.

We have created a flyer for the courses, and both organisations should be giving them out from the end of this week.  Very exciting.

We had our eleventh Clissold Park walk today, and delighted to have had 7 people, including our first other gentleman. It was only the second time it rained, but I was delighted with the company, and we all seemed to have a good time.  I have asked some of my regulars to do a small testimony, as we are trying to get funding and being able to produce "positive outcomes" is paramount.  A couple of the ladies have told me they look forward to the weekly walk - and that makers it all worthwhile.

Had a terrific boost from Arsenal in the Community today for our DAI course.  The fifth week we are unable to use their offices as they are closed over Easter.  But it appears we will be able to get a tour of the Arsenal Stadium as an outing instead - which is brilliant.  It could also be good publicity for both ourselves and DAI, as well as Arsenal themselves.

Personally 2017 has been tough - but I would imagine that a lot of the clients we will be delivering too will all also be going through some hard times and issues, so again I need to focus on doing what we are preaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment