Sunday 18 June 2017

Sunday 18th June 2017 - fantastic picnic/bbq, and fitness videos: plus brilliant Tesco






Posted 10:40pm
Wow - what a fantastic time we had on Saturday in Highbury Fields.  We must have had at least 40-45 different people come along - various organisations and lots of laughs. I was so proud of the whole experience.

Friday night I spent preparing food. I had already gone out and bought a lot of games stuff - which included items we could then use for our HMHB fitness - these included boxing gloves, footballs, frisbees, and badminton.  Then I prepared rounds of ham and lettuce, egg mayonaisse, cheese, and chicken and lettuce sandwiches; home made potato salad; home made green salad; i bought a lot of cakes and fruit and biscuits: plus plenty of water:

Tesco were amazing.  I popped in mentioned we were doing an event, wanted to buy all the food and drink there, and could they help at all - and they gave us £50 of vouchers towards the cost.  Truly fantastic.

Saturday I went out and met up with Chris from CGL, who were doing the barbecue. We bought a lot of meat, some extra tableware and a large melon.  Setting up around 1pm I was unsure how many would come, but in the end everyone had a great time. People from SHP, CGL, Highbury Grange, my Izzwalkz ladies, and a couple of other places came along. It was very hot but overwhelming everyone had a fine time. No alcohol allowed - we had water and squash.

We posted pictures on Twitter and Facebook. And now here.

No comments:

Post a Comment