Friday 6 October 2017

Friday 6th October 2017 - new program starts

Posted 2:00pm
I have been most neglectful on the blog front - so this has the potential of being full of news.

The main item is the start of our New (second ever) program last Tuesday (3 October). We have been working very hard on this one with a lot of preparation, and it paid off handsomely.  We had five attendees (but we know that will grow to a possible ten this coming week). But all five said they had enjoyed the session - one describing herself as feeling "inspired" - Wow!!!!  This is the whole reason we are doing this.

We had adjusted the format from the first. Frustratingly we did start late yet again - we have stressed to people the need to start on time this coming week - and in fact we will start at 10:30 regardless. We are now doing mixed sessions every week - targeting mindset, nutrition, fitness and health. We definitely enjoyed ourselves.

Thankfully all our guest speakers have confirmed - and I am very excited about that.

We have an amazing trip to the British Library organised for the Friday 13 October. I went along on Monday and had a terrific hour long chat with three of their employees about us and the tour. They were really interested in the work we are doing and I am confident we are going to have a terrific trip.

We had a follow up with Voluntary Action Islington on the Capacity Building project - sadly the first session on Business Plan I am unable to attend as I am having my eight week review following my eye surgery in September. But I think we will still be able to get something going.

We got turned down for the Cloudesley funding to expand the walks, which was disappointing. I thought we had a good chance of this one. Finance very soon is going to be our major problem. It also does not help with stress. It would be nice to just be able to concentrate on delivering the very best possible program without outside concerns.

No comments:

Post a Comment