Monday 25 September 2017

Monday 25th September 2017 - videos, Jordan; handouts, meetings

Posted 11:45am
Wow!!  Is it seriously a whole week since my last blog entry?? Where does the time go? So much to add in this entry.

Just come back from a terrific meeting in Hackney, where I met up with a fantastic lady called Lauren, who now works at Hackney Council in the Employment department, but I first came across at Business In The Community, when she was part of the team that ran the Ready For Work program. We discussed our Ajani, and how it could possibly fit in with the work they do in Hackney. I asked about the possibilities of doing a pilot in one part of the Borough, and we are going to discuss this more very soon. I have to send some paperwork through. But it ended very positively. It was great catching up too.

I was going to chase Jordan this week - the amazing US guy who posts fantastic videos about fitness and life on Youtube, and who we followed on our pilot program. I chatted with him a week ago and he promised to send us a video. Well, it came this morning. And I am so grateful to him, and it is terrific. It will definitely enhance our next program, and it is three and a half minutes dedicated to HMHB and its users. I find it difficult to actually put into words just how special this feels.  Truly amazing!!!!  YAY!!!

Stunning work from Kacper, our website guru and social media magician - we have intros and outros on our bespoke fitness videos - and they are all on our Youtube channel now (hmhb2016). Again, it is difficult to describe how it feels as it is something I have thought about for quite a few years - and talked about a great deal.  To actually see it happen is truly emotional. However, it is me being trained by Dean and shows me just how out of shape I have become and how hard I must work to regain my old shape and fitness. It's a terrific incentive (I describe myself as fat and camp I think - must do better!!!).  But thanks to Dean for training, Luke for filming, and Kacper for the computer magic!!

Last Tuesday I met up with Nasir, the borough relationship manager for DWP in Camden, and had a terrific discussion about our work and how we can perhaps do more in Camden. He has agreed to come on our course on one day to talk to the people about opportunities around employment when they have finished recovery, which is amazing. We also spoke about the DPS system and getting ourselves on there.

On Wednesday I had the opening day of our year long Capacity Building Project with Voluntary Action Islington. I think it will greatly enhance our work knowledge and proecdures moving forward, especially around monitoring and evaluation , as well as business planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment