Friday 6 April 2018

Friday 6th April 2018 - Where are we at? Coming few weeks; Personal



Posted 12:40pm
Yes, this is the first blog entry for a fortnight. There are a few reasons for that. We had the Easter weekend last week, but generally it is down to a bit of a down time personally. Reasons for that are not for this blog, but setting up a business can lead to huge pressures - which I do enjoy - but that itself can lead to other problems.

We are in a crossroads position at the moment. Preparing for an Ajani programme with Highbury Grange Medical Centre - we received the Islington Giving Grant money through Cripplegate last Thursday. We have covered the volunteer expenses for the last year/year and a half for various people, have spent around 250 on fitness equipment (will detail more below) as well as paid insurance. Other costs will follow. We also know we have an Ajani programme starting in June with SHP. But fundamentally, we desperately need seed funding for a year - either by grant or sponsorship. With a terrific CCG report on us, it is a frustrating position, and there is huge pressure on us to find this funding as soon as possible.

The "to-do" list is huge. Lots of papers. And it can be a bit overwhelming - you feel you are drowning in papers, all of which are important. But nothing gets done by sitting back and dreaming. And I have to confess I have not pushed hard enough of late, due to personal health concerns and general frustration. But, once again, I am back on focus. So apologies to anyone who supports me, and maybe sees me slacking. I am not now!!  Yay!!

HMHB was set up specifically to help people get back into life, whatever the issues that have affected them - which could be unemployment, depression, loneliness, substance abuse, or even physical health issues. The help we are guiding people towards, and the mind-set we are promoting, aided me significantly in the past. I need to use that again, and channel my own programme to help me. I have allowed my own health and fiitness (and mind-set) to be affected by all the project pressures. I am the heaviest I have ever been, and am starting a serious health drive from today. It's so easy to fall down, but we can demonstrate you can climb back up.

I have to say the funding for Ajani with HGMP has lifted confidence. It was great to buy exttra fitness equipment, that will be used on the programme as well as our Izzwalkz. We got 12 exercise mats, some small hurdles, extra boxing gloves and pads so that we now have six pairs of each, some resistance weights, and a large cricket-style bag on wheels so we can transport all of this more easily. I am sure our users will benefit.








No comments:

Post a Comment