Monday 10 December 2018

Monday 10th December 2018 - Peabody update

Image result for peabody housing association

Posted 2:20pm

I have been in my flat for over nineteen years. Over that period, it has gone through the hands of various Housing Associations. I am now Peabody, after their merger with Family Mosaic recently.

Ironically, I approached FM several times around seven, six, and five years ago with my project. Each time I was told that it looked really good, but they would not have funding for it. Then, after the third time, they took my idea and tried to introduce it themselves. I was not happy.

However, we feel we have now grown the delivery and adapted the programme to such an extent it would be beneficial to tenants of all Housing Associations, so I re-approached Peabody around five weeks ago. Like most HA, they manage an Employability Course for tenants, and we feel we can enhance their work with our own programme. I do hope we will get a chance, especially as FM stole my idea. I know companies can be protective of their work, we are like that too. But networking and partnerships can bring even better outcomes.

Peabody is a huge HA, with thousands of tenants, and it is clearly in their best interests to have tenants with a positive mindset, good health and fitness, and awareness of a healthy lifestyle. I am sure they run projects on this, but our unique delivery, and incredible passion, might give us am opportunity to be involved.  We can wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment