Tuesday 4 December 2018

Tuesday 4th December 2018 - How my own progress is a good example of HMHB

Image result for mindset

Posted 2:15pm

I can tell you that we have had the most fun, the best experiences, and the greatest satisfaction when we have been able to work with our service users -both om Ajani and Izzwalkz.  Seeing our passion invigorate people, our delivery motivate people, and receiving incredible feedback, makes everything worthwhile.

But it all starts from believing ourselves - and I am sure I am referring to many of us when I say we need to practice what we preach. How many of us offer advice to others that we then ignore in our own lives? We promote a growth mindset, but then allow situations to overwhelm. We encourage a healthy routine, but then ignore the opportunities to introduce that into our days. Guide people to eat better, and then buy no fruit or veg, overdo the trans fats, and not get the right nutrition balance. Even demonstrating exercises people can easily do on a daily basis, and then sitting back and being lazy. It is easy to fall into those traps.

I like to see myself - Lazza - as a prime example of how HMHB can deliver. Whenever I am more active, that is when results happen. I have suffered with various mental health issues over the last ten to fifteen years, and I hate when the "self pity" rears its ugly head, and situations appear difficult.
But when I have faced them head on, actively looking for solutions, that is when things happen. I am a walking/;talking example of the benefits of HMHB's values. It does not mean everything works out the way I would like - far from it. But success only comes from putting myself in a position where it can happen.

This also is true, not just in my personal life, but with the set-up of the company itself, and our projects. We have energetically approached organisations and companies, reaching out to the top people, promoting HMHB in a field where it is difficult to get a foothold. It can be extremely frustrating, but the only way forward is to find solutions, keep persevering and believing in us and our product.

Both HMHB, and myself, have adapted over the last four years. We have come across many obstacles, lots of disappointments, been patronised, misrepresented, and made mistakes. But I firmly trust that 2019 is going to be the year we finally get core seed funding, salaries for Luke and myself, and the opportunity to show that even though we are a small dot in a very large landscape, by being proactive, persistent, and energised, we can start forging a great future.

Stick with us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment