Tuesday 12 February 2019

Tuesday 12th February 2019 - personal journey and thoughts

Image result for personal journey

Posted 10:50am

Just wanted to add a little to say how HMHB is helping me on my journey - and therefore how we believe it can impact on others.

Being proactive has made a huge difference to my own mental health, Being able to let go of various destructive behaviours and thoughts, and instead focusing on the challenge of life, has brought significant change. Making targets and goals all the time gives me hope.  It ain't easy I can assure you, but it is the only way to move forward.

I am really pushing to lose the weight I have put on - and am utilising friends to push me. HMHB has a spare gym card and I try to bring people with me when I go, which obviously helps motivate me, but also can help our service users. Encouraging others to be more physically active, especially focusing on movement and getting outdoors, has a knock on effect for me.

Funding is our biggest obstacle, but by remaining positive we are finding streams we can apply for, and there are three big ones we are looking at currently. The fact we have now worked with users is terrific, especially with the feedback we have received.

I think, mentally, I am in the best place I have been for a long time, and that is down to the HMHB philosophy and aims. I would like to thank all who support me and keep me going. yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment