Friday 8 December 2017

Friday 8th December 2017 - Izzwalkz CP funding:

Image result for vistaprint

Posted 11:35am
It's a bright sunny November morning - and I have been excitedly preparing for our £883 we will be receiving from the Local Initiatives Fund for our Izzwalkz Clissold Park walk.  The fund only provides money for projects in the ward where you live - I am in Highbury East - as are Highbury Grange Medical Centre where we partner with the walk.

I have been on the Vistaprint website designing a flyer and a poster - we will be ordering 2500 flyers to post around the area, and 50 posters to go up all over the place.  I think they look ok but I must run them past the Medical Centre to make sure we are all happy.  Also, the prices have gone down since we put the application into the funders. We cannot just spend the difference on other things without their permission, but I would like to see if we can get a large roller banner for events. That would be cool.  It has been fun doing the designs though.

I have also done designs for some caps and t-shirts for walk leaders, as well as some mugs I am going to give out to lour fantastic ladies for christmas presents.

I will be chatting to PT Dean about some more fitness stuff for our exercises.  I also need to look back online for a suitable first aid kit - which we should take along with us.  But, we have had aother piece of good luck. The Red Cross have said we would qualify for free training. So the money we claimed for that can also be used elsewhere - and it would definitely cover our insurance, which is up for renewal in the Spring. I will chat to the LIF about other spending possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment