Thursday 26 July 2018

Thursday 26th July 2018 - Accounts; Ajani; Monday gym sessions

Posted 9:45pm
I have been loving this gorgeous hot weather - I am sure in a few month's time everyone is going to be moaning about how cold it is instead.

Managed to solve an accounts issue. Although i have done management accounts for years, there are some things I have never had to do - and this includes setting a business up as an employer, as well as setting up employees within that format - and it is very important to get this right as there is Income Tax and National Insurance (Employee and Employer) to take into account (PAYE).
I went online and telephoned a company in London, who wanted to charge me over five hundred pounds, well beyond our budget for this. However, getting to know the Big Alliance in Islington has proven to be an excellent idea. They directed me to an Islington accountant who works with charities and enterprises, and he is doing everything for one hundred plus VAT. A wonderful gesture.

This has been a weight off my mind. And, means I can concentrate on the four Ajanis to organise. It appears we are doing a four session one with Haringey Recovery Service, starting in the afternoon of Wednesday 8th August. Through Joe at SHP, we are approaching SHP Hackney to run one with them starting a week later.
We are trying to get one with Icope and the Medical Centre to start in the first week of September, as well as one with Ingeus/Barnsbury Job Centre to start the same week. It's a huge amount of work.

Finally, the Monday gym sessions are going well, and now through to the end of September. I am meeting up with the manager of the centre tomorrow to discuss a possible partnership with a walk in Highbury Fields to start in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment