Wednesday 11 January 2017

Tuesday 10th January 2017 - Bootcamp, Length of course - personal

Posted 11:50pm
A late night entry tonight - so just before I retire to blissful sleep (please!) it is time to update our blog.

We met with the DWP today, and I feel we are so close to getting things going.  So much comes down to funding - and anyone trying to set up a business can understand the frustration that we are going through.  We have the concept, we have the need, research shows the outcomes we should achieve.

I am busy adjusting the 13 week program down to a 9 week program, which probably covers the need of the Job Centre better than the long one.  We have got a contact at the Commissioners and we have emailed them directly asking for a meeting - which is probably unusual but what can we lose?

Personally, I have found a local parkrun which I will join on a Saturday.  Timing on that is great because I can then move onto a local bootcamp session in a different venue on the same day.  I preach the benefits of exercise and fitness, but my own lethargy is dragging me down.  I need to push myself as I expect people to push on the course.  Massive part is accountability.  Even on the course it will be easier because people will be following all the participants.  When, as I am at the moment, you are on your own, it can be very easy to fall into not pushing yourself to the maximum.  Or even, sometimes, to do the very minimum.  I need to find a way of being accountable before the programs start.

No comments:

Post a Comment