Monday 13 March 2017

Monday 13th March 2017 - insurance sorted - massive to do list

Image result for hiscox business insurance

Posted 9:00pm
What a first day of the week.  So much to do, and so much happening.
The biggest moment though is getting the Insurance sorted.  It just goes to show the benefits of price comparison sites.  I had not actually realised that business insurance was on there.  I also wanted to really try and keep the business all local, based around community, and using Islington businesses. I have to say the quotes we had been getting were just too high.
Thankfully I found a terrific quote online, and once again lent the business my own money and have paid the insurance, which starts from the 22 March.

We have followed up with DAI, asking about the uptake for the program.  We really need to get a minimum of around 8 people - as we need to demonstrate outcomes.  If that means putting it off for a couple of weeks then so be it.  I would rather have a fair number of participants and provide a quality product.

We have also followed up with SHP.  I think we may have to delay till May with them, because we have to have a good sized room where people can move about and be proactive, and that probably will not be available till May.  Again, it;s about providing a professional program with a company that wants to engage with us properly.

Meeting with Scott today, we are now also looking to produce one or two of our own programs without a company behind - and I will be doing some emails on that today.

I am meeting AGE UK on Wednesday now - which is terrific.  I am also meeting with the prospective Finsbury Park walk partners on Wednesday - and will fill in more after that.  It will be good to get a second walk going.

This has been a productive day - a positive day - and one which has really lifted me up and given me hope. Starting a business was never going to be easy - but we are definitely running the gauntlet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment