Sunday 12 March 2017

Sunday 12th March 2017 - massive week ahead (double figures on walk for first time)

Izzwalkz - 9th March 2017
first time we had double figures - our 16th walk
(the photo to make me lose weight)

Posted 2:45pm
I just realised that it has been a week since my last update.  Various reasons, but not because nothing has been going on.

We still have a worry about insurance.  It is becoming a concern.  Obviously we need money to pay for insurance.  Pleas are out all over the place, and I am still confident we will achieve this goal, but I have to admit it is a frustration.

We have written confirmation from SHP we are starting their nine week pilot on the 20th April, so a month after the first four week starts with DAI on the 23rd of this month.  I am still very busy building the content for the courses.  The great thing with our course is it is fluid, and with different people attending the courses we can use their skills and experience to develop the information we provide.

We are researching a lot of funding opportunities.  We are actually producing one successful weekly walk - Clissold Park 16 times now - and the first time we had double figures was on last Thursday - a great group and we laughed our way round the 3.5km trek.  On a personal note, the photograph was a wake up call on my own weight and fitness struggles - I must improve!!  Now we are doing the two pilots, unpaid, we hope that we will be taken even more seriously.

This really is a crunch week.  We are meeting up with Adam to go over the fitness side - we will have to adjust differently for DAI to what we will do with SHP.  I am following up an email with DAI to see about the uptake for the course.  I am meeting AGE UK to discuss pushing our walks with them. I am also hooking up with a potential partner for the Finsbury Park walk I am eager to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment