Monday 24 April 2017

Monday 24th April 2017 - highbury walk, forms, personal

Posted 1:15pm
Seems like every day is based around paperwork lately - either on research, or some kind of application form to complete.  It's all necessary of course, but can be tedious.  Over the last few years I would not like to imagine just how much I have typed and filled in.

We had our Highbury walk again this morning, alongside the magnificent Highbury Walkers, who have made us feel so welcome in our new partnership with them.  Teaming up with them was a little nerve wracking, as I did not want to feel like an intruder.  It just seemed silly to start another healthy walk when one was going all ready.  And a teaming up can bring rewards.  Four of the Clissold regulars came along this morning and joined in the stretching and exercises.  We will be introducing light exercise into the CP walk from this Thursday.  Dean is a qualified PT so I will ask him to run it, and we are covered under our insurance just in case.

Just two weeks to go till the official Pilot programs start - 8 May.  Very excited as well as slightly apprehensive.  There is always the worry that it wont work, or people will not like it.  I don't think that will happen, and we must have the "growth mindset" that we are promoting within the project.

This week I have meetings of some kind every day - as well as starting the four week cookery course on Wednesday, which I am particularly looking forward to.

Personally, we will be pushing everyone to go that extra mile on health and fitness on the program - and I am very happy this is coming along.  I have struggled - as will a lot of our service users - with motivation - although I should have a lot.  It does boil down to being responsible, we well as working with others.  It is just like the walks - you are more likely to do more, and enjoy more, if you are in a group and have support.  I have asked people lately to come out and push me - exercise wise - but nobody has actually said yes yet!! I am not blaming anyone or judging anyone, as everyone has their own targets and lives, but I am someone who blooms amongst a group.  I can do it on my own - I have in the past - but I think it is that initial nudge that the group mentality helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment