Wednesday 12 April 2017

Wednesday 12th April 2017 - luke, strava, and personal

Posted 6:30pm
A lot of emails to do today - and I think I managed to get everything done.  Redoing my to do list as quite a few new things have popped up in the last couple of days - and i need to ensure I am on top of everything - with under four weeks to go to the launch of our pilots we need to be focused (please let them start this time after the unforseen last minute circumstances in March).

Luke and I did more work on the delivery this week.  It will be interesting to see how the pilots go. Until we get them off the ground we wont actually know how well we work together, what works well and where we need to improve.  I can be quite self critical - which is good in a lot of ways - but also I can see where we do well, and it is right to self-praise where it is due.

I have started using the Strava app a bit more.  This is the app that measures time and distance when you run, walk, cycle, or swim. I must use it every day really.  It is free, and we are going to encourage our service users to get involved with that kind of tracking.  If people can see what they are doing accurately, it is much easier to set self targets and push yourself further.

Just ending on a personal note.  My blood pressure is higher than it should be - so much so I have been advised to come back weekly to the doctors.  I think there has been a lot of stress to do with the business set up - there is so much riding on my shoulders and people are reliant on me to get things done properly and professionally.  And that does not even cover the funding stuff.  But my cholesterol was higher too.  I have struggled on and off with weight for the last five years - and to be honest am very unhappy with my current position.  I am very much someone who enjoys having people around supporting and encouraging me on - and there has not been a huge amount of that this year so far. But I must push myself.  I see photographs (we have a gallery page on the website, and that includes several walks) and my size is not good.  But I am the only person who can do anything about it. So I must focus more and fight harder.  I know I can do it.  I think if I continue to type it it helps me - hence this entry. Maybe selfish, but hey ho!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment