Monday 3 April 2017

Monday 3rd April 2017 - strong developments

Posted 2:55pm
Monday afternoon, on a glorious sunny day in London.  Does make you feel good with a natural lift.

Feeling very good about the week ahead.  Kacper came round at the weekend, and we worked out several little tweaks on the website - well, I say "we" but technically I asked and he did.  This involved some of the links that were not working, as well as the footer for the site.  This week he is adjusting the posting for the Highbury Fields walk.

I have joined up for the next Bags of Taste course.  I mentioned it last posting as something we will be recommending to our service users, and I thought the best thing was to actually try it out myself.  I also think it will do me some good.

We completed, and emailed off, the funding application with London Catalyst on Friday night - we have applied for £4800 which could really help as we produce the pilots and work towards providing the outcomes people are looking for.  I would imagine they get a lot of applications, so there is no sure fire way we will get that amount, or even a percentage of that, but it would be nice for someone with some money to recognise what we are doing, and give us a chance to get hold of the funds to enable us to deliver the professional and quality service we are aiming to provide.
We had confirmation that the application was received, and that someone would be in touch to meet us and discuss this further.  That is a good sign.  Some funders, and I understand if they get a lot of applications, just send an email or letter, and even then don't explain why if you get turned down.

This week we are working even more on the content of the programs.  We are also looking at a couple of other funding applications - I want to get them off by the end of the week.  Finally we have a meeting with the DWP hoping we can get a pilot with them organised, and I want to chat with them about the Digital Purchasing System, where they invite funding applications from people wanting to partner with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment