Tuesday 4 April 2017

Tuesday 4th April 2017 - energised

Posted 2:50pm
After the first two months of problems, March went very well, and that is carrying on into April.  I think the good weather maybe has something to do with it.  It makes you actually want to get up and about.

Enjoyed the second Highbury Walkers walk yesterday, and we officially partner up with them from next Monday - the 10th April - to start our Izzwalkz HF (Highbury Fields).  They are a terrific group and mix the walk with some really good exercise.  I definitely found the experience fulfilling.  I am not sure all of my Clissold walkers would be up for everything they do.  I will suggest some light stretching soon and see how that goes down.  But it might be good to be offering different walks.  HF is less distance but more intensive.

I am in contact now with two PTs after sadly losing Adam - I will definitely miss his enthusiasm and especially his encouragement.  But we have a fantastic lady, Lizi, and gentleman, Dean, and I am hoping both of them will want to come on board.  I am doing my sales pitch at the moment and seeing where it gets me. They both like the idea, and understand we are start up and there is a distinct lack of funds at the moment, but also see the potential.

I have also been busy trying to organise some of our "extras" for the program.  The ten weeks (initial first week is an intro week before the official nine week program starts) will all be on a morning for SHP and an afternoon for DAI.  But I also want to get people out and about, and that will involve other days.  The gym visits for SHP we are trying to get on Tuesday mornings.  We have a first aid course organised for a Tuesday morning too.  We want to see if we can get trips to Islington Museum and the Emirates Stadium - and looking round for at least one more - somewhere in Islington - although I might look at the British Library.

I am also approaching a few different organisations about doing a short presentation during our programs - for example the oral health department of Whittington Hospital.  Anything that can add to the awareness is great.

Finally, I am discussing with our new PTs about doing a few extra sessions in a park during the program weeks.  I am also anxious to get our bespoke videos done - I really enjoyed the prelim ones we did with Adam, and I have been told they look really good, and they like the concept, so that is also for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment