Friday 21 July 2017

Friday 21st July 2017 - applications, assessment, spreadsheets, CCG

Image result for completing application forms

Posted 4:45pm
Another week over - and one that has again been busy but productive. We had our final week of our pilot with S.H.P, a trip out to Islington Museum, attended the SHINE event managed by S.H.P, our weekly Thursday Izzwalkz walk, and a solid meeting with our business guru, Scott.

This weekend is going to be just as hectic. We have our weekly fitness session to run, and afterwards we will be attending a massive sports event on Highbury Fields. From what I gather,it is called the GoIslington Festival, and this is it's fifth year.  It is a celebration of over 20 sports, and also involves Dance and Live Music.  There is participation and lots going on - should be fun.

I have a couple of applications I want to get off on Sunday night, ready for people to see on Monday. The first is our Cloudesley funding application, based around our Izzwalkz initiative. I like to think we will get something - even if not the whole amount we are looking for - which is just over £5000. But who can tell?
The second is something I viewed via Voluntary Action Islington, as well as being forwarded to me from S.H.P. There is a Capacity Building Essentials Project, that offers assistance towards Business Planning, Financial Management, Publicity and Promotion, Fundraising, Monitoring and Evaluation. Delivered through a series of one-to-one sessions and training workshops - all over one year. The project itself starts in September.  It's an interesting application, very detailed. I thought at one stage we would not actually be applicable, but have been encouraged by V.A.I to submit.

I went through some financial spreadsheets with Scott yesterday as we approach SHP to do further courses. I value his input and opinion very much, and he makes excellent changes.  It's a touchy subject in a way. We need to cover our costs and some salary, but do not want to either undercharge ourselves, or put ourselves outside their own budgets. I am sure we can get it right. Our meeting with them will be at the start of August, and i propose to do a presentation as well as a report - want to look as professional as possible.

This weekend I also need to get an email off to our C.C.G contact - along with several other emails. The to-do list, that I had made serious inroads into, has grown once more. It seems never ending, but that is part of getting the project off the ground.

Finally, I have adjusted the wording on the GoFundMe page - we have had Zero payments so far - as I felt that my first draft - that included some personal stuff at the start - may have been off putting for people, as it may have appeared that I was asking the money for myself - when in fact it is purely for H.M.H.B and the projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment