Tuesday 25 July 2017

Tuesday 25th July 2017 - website, program review, councillor

Lazza and Caroline Russell, Islington Highbury East Councillor

Posted 9:55pm
Due to examinations and holidays we have not updated our website for a while. But thankfully our guru master, Kacper, is free for a few weeks before university and we are updating it in the next few days. I am very happy with how things are going, and he will be looked after once we obtain funding as everything has been done for free, which is tremendous. (just in case he reads this!!)

We have made serious changes to wording and continue to make changes with pictures on all our pages.. It is still a work in progress but it was very important to update wording as more and more people have access to the site as we progress. Ajani and Izzwalkz are both coming along well, with great feedback, and it was good to be able to get a few photos around. I also want to see if we can get some video on there.

Kacper came up with a great idea to put a paragraph about donations, which has a "donate" button that will link through to our GoFundMe page. Sadly, we are still waiting for our first donation - but we have a few irons in the fire on that front at the moment - which I will talk about another time.

Yesterday morning, I met with Luke and Dean to have a thorough review of the pilot Ajani program, to talk about the good and bad points, changes we were going to implement, and how can learn and move forward. I thought it was a terrific chat and very constructive. I feel blessed to have these guys on board with me - this is a team, not just me (which it felt like for a long long time).

This evening I met up with local Highbury East Islington Councillor Caroline Russell. She is very much into getting people active and walking and particularly was pleased to hear about our Izzwalkz initiative. There is a Local Initiatives Fund where you can access a small amount of funding for something in this area - and Izzwalkz Clissold Park clearly comes under that remit. I am going to email her some papers and get an application form. But I also asked if I could keep her informed as we talk to the Islington CCG and SHP, and she was happy to agree to that.



No comments:

Post a Comment