Tuesday 4 July 2017

Tuesday 4th July 2017 - bbq, smoking, day out, fitness

Image result for solutions4health smoking cessation

Posted 1:30pm
My second blog post of the afternoon - I did not want the first to go on and on and on!!!

We are meeting up with CGL this afternoon as they are running a picnic/bbq - like the one we did on the 17th June.  It will be open to all the CGL service users, but they have kindly invited our Ajani and Izzwalkz users to attend, as well as staff from SHP and HGMC.  I just want to get some basic details from them to pass on - but it is great that we are being recognised as an important organisation now in our own right - being established would be terrific.

I am delighted to say we have finally managed to get a solid contact within the Islington stop smoking service (solutions4health - logo at top of entry).  I had a call back yesterday and, after having a chance to speak with SHP, we are organising an afternoon hour meeting at the start of August for all SHP service users, including our Ajani clientele.  I think it can also boost staff from both SHP and HMHB (thinking of you both Luke and Dean!!!!).

I wanted to organise a further day out - following on from our trip to the arsenal stadium in May. It would have happened already - but fluctuating numbers, as well as available days for everyone, has meant a delay. Instead, as next Monday is the official last day of the course, we felt it would be good to have a lunch after and then have a small afternoon out - and we are looking at Islington Museum.  A social event would boost us all I feel.

Finally, Luke, Dean and myself enjoyed a good kick about with a football and then a little exercise yesterday lunchtime - as we were free following the  morning course disappointment.  I have found my own activity energy levels are improving greatly - and a loot of thanks goes to Dean for that.  I think I am definitely on the path back to achieving targets and building confidence in my own body again.

Lastly - there may be news on an idea I have had for a business link up - it's new, so just putting a teaser out there. YAY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment