Tuesday 13 February 2018

Tuesday 13th February 2017 - sacrifices and targets

Posted 12:00pm
Midday on a bit of a gloomy damp Tuesday. But upbeat in London on my laptop.

Yesterday was a very good day. Virtually every contact I had was positive, but we are totally in the hands of the CCG when it comes to the funding decision. We believe we have terrific value for money for the total we have given them. Even then, we will have to get further funding throughout the year. We are ambitious but also realistic. We have not short-changed ourselves, but also are not in the slightest bit greedy with out request.

Sacrifices on a personal level need to be made to try and ensure success though. There is no point in us advocating a healthier lifestyle, together with improved exercise and activity, if we do not actually do it ourselves.  With that in mind I walked over 22km yesterday without stopping (yes, it was indoors in a gym, but it was on a gradient of 4.0) and it took over three and a half hours. It beat my record of last week of 20km. I am also taking a good hard look at my diet.

Luke has given up smoking, replacing with vaping for now. I understand how hard that must be, but again we cannot ask people to consider their health behaviour around smoking and then have our staff light up in front of them. I am hoping that Dean, our main Personal Trainer, will follow suit. Naturally it's a choice. But it makes sense.

We really are excited about the future at the moment. I ma sitting down this week to sort out realistic targets for the next 6 and 12 months, and where we want to be at that time. We have to consider sustainability and contracts and future money. But it is starting to look more rosy for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment