Wednesday 21 February 2018

Wednesday 21st February 2018 - Benefits of a Board; Awards For All

Image result for board members

Posted 1:30pm
Another full morning - that involved Luke and myself attending the local gym - and I am thankful to him for getting me their early.  A terrific way to wake myself up.

We have completed the Awards For All application - just about. I am very grateful to my Board. We had to prepare a 4000 character explanation of the project, and how it helps the local community, as well as those in poverty. I know we tick every box, but being able to put it into a cohesive, interesting and relevant document is not always easy.  My first draft I was very pleased with, but following excellent advice from Board members, who are far more experienced in funding applications, we are on our fourth draft, which is much better than the first.

I will get the application off tonight. We not only are putting a new signatory onto the bank account, but also had to put Luke on as  Director of HMHB, and I think he is suitably happy and proud to be there. I am focused on good due diligence. A solid foundation right at the start can only help us in the oncoming future.

We are now looking at the People's Postcode Lottery Trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment