Monday 7 May 2018

Monday 7th May 2018 - Great Get Together - plus Council and personal success

Image result for great get together

Posted 12:00pm
It's a glorious Bank Holiday. The sun is hot (understatement), and it is great to be out of the flat.

Last year, our first ever event was for the Great Get Togther - bringing communities together through an function.  We applied to the Council for one of their small grants they were giving out to groups, and were successful. We organised a terrific barbeque on Highbury Fields, inviting HMHB users, plus Change Grow Live, Single Homeless Project and thee Eagle project. And we had a fabulous time.

By chance I came across an email that said the council were giving out similar grants this year. The timing was spot on as I had to get the application in the following day, so yesterday afternoon I did the form and emailed it across. We aim to run a picnic this time on Highbury Fields, in conjunction with Highbury Grange Medical Centre and Highbury Grange Estate. I hope it happens - if so it is on June 23rd (Saturday).

I have been arranging meetings around our Council Estate proposal - I aim to finish that by Wednesday - and the Powerpoint to accompany it - and send it off requesting a chance to deliver the presentation before the end of May. This is probably the most crucial thing for us this year and our best opportunity to get salaries - so it has to be spot on. I think we have a unique idea, and hopefully Islington will back us.

I am meeting with two people from the Council this week, as well as the CCG. I am also interviewing a proposed second Personal Trainer (was going to be today, but now friday) to assist us. I am really excited at what could be the future.

Finally, I just wanted to say (as I need to be accountable) that my weight loss I started four weeks ago is going well. I started on the 6th April at 96.1kgs (appalled, shocked, disgusted) and aimed for half a kilo a week as my target. Well, I was 92.2kgs on Saturday. So averaging 1kg a week. Which I am delighted about. The aim is still half a kilo, but I must maintain this for the next two-four months. Yay!  Mindset - positive - etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment