Tuesday 22 May 2018

Tuesday 22nd May 2018 - Sage; Domains; GGT

Image result for sage accounts

Posted 1:35pm
Busy busy bee - that's me. It is great to be doing so much, as this means we are progressing - but there really is a huge amount of work going on, as well as coming up. I'm going to earn every penny of the lottery salary for two months in July and August.

I tried to work with Quickbooks accounting software - which is meant to be user friendly for small business. I found it far too confusing.  Most of my working life I dealt with Sage software (I am guessing most reading this are yawning by now - I love accounts though).
So I abandoned the Quickbooks - signed up for Sage - and it was like returning to an old friend. The interface has changed a bit, but thee fundamentals are the same, and I spent over five hours last night putting some accounts info in. I think I probably have another ten to fifteen hours to get up to date. That's because I am ensuring I have printed off invoices for all payments on the bank statements, as well as any paperwork for the incoming money - just in case anyone wants to look at it. I have several months to get the accounts in - but the quicker I do it, the quicker I can get on with proper work.  Sage is slightly more expensive than Quickbooks, but at least I know it well and can just get on and input.

We also had to do our "Confirmation Statement" with Companies House - a once a year necessity for all companies - just confirming all our details, our directors, etc. It costs £13, so not a lot of money. It means anyone can look up our details on the website.

Another basic bit of foundation is ensuring we have our domains up to date. We are with 123-reg and have both hmhb2016.org.uk and hmhb2016.org registered to us. I knew they were coming up for renewal so I made sure that automatically happens - as that would have affected out website.  I have also discussed with Kacper (our internet expert) about getting Izzwalkz domains and setting up a separate website - as if we expand it would be good to have pages for each walk as well as gallery, news, etc. Exciting times ahead I feel. I know the council are interested in expanding the walks. And they indicated there could be small funding available.

We have applied to the council for Great Get Together funding - to work a picnic with Highbury Grange Estate. Ironically there are three estates quite close together and Luke managed to chat with the lady in charge of the small community centre of one of those - a lovely lady called Laurette. I met her this week and we said if we got the funding we could run the picnic there - they have an indoor and outdoor area - and there is space for games and fun too. So keeping fingers crossed for that.  We would supply all the food and drink from the funding, plus volunteers and some games.

No comments:

Post a Comment