Saturday 11 April 2020

Saturday 11th April 2020 - Another application completed

Supporting customers in diagnostic related grant funding applications

Posted 3:15pm

It may be a weekend, but don't you find the days seem to blend into one another at the moment? I admit I woke up this morning and have to think about which day of the week it was.

But, we cannot stop in our target to help people around this time, and I have to say we have come up with a cracking idea for intervention around mental health of people in isolation. I am very proud of my idea, which I am actually going to keep to myself at the moment as we seek funding. I do not want anyone to pinch it.

We have though just completed a funding application that would cover this for the next four months - or seventeen weeks. I am hoping that people will see the potential, and that we are doing something different from others around. We did not want to copy anyone, but are naturally reliant on getting the funding to cover the costs.

I am thankful to Scott, our terrific business mentor, currently working from home, who ran his professional eye over our application and made suitable changes where necessary. It is sometimes easy to get a bit personal when you are filling in these forms, and he is able to focus on this for us.  We have asked for a total of juist over £4000 - this would cover all the costs for the 17 weeks, including four hours a week for four volunteers, a camera, some presentation packs, office paper, printer ink, and some resistance bands for exercise. We costed everything from Vistaprint and Amazon, as well as the london living wage per hour for the volunteer.

We will naturally be using up far more time than four hours each on the project. In fact for Lazza, this is almost a full time job at the moment. But it is important to cover some volunteer costs, which will include travel, and other costs.

If we get the funding I will naturally expand on the project idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment