Wednesday 13 September 2017

Wednesday 13th September 2017 - arsenal, october program, cripplegate

Posted 5:05pm
It's a glorious hot afternoon here in Marble Arch, and I am just about to head round to my elderly friend's flat as he is off to watch Tottenham v Dortmund in the Champion's League tonight at Wembley. I am sitting for his brother.

Whilst there I will be working on the funding spreadsheet to accompany another funding application that I completed this afternoon (I have sent it off to my board and HMHB people to review - there must be things that need changing and I always happy to listen to views).  This funding is a maximum of £5000. I imagine few get that though. Generally, if you are successful on applications it tends to be around half of what you ask for. Although, it would be nice to get anything at the moment. It does not cover salaries of course. But it does cover "core" costs - which are vital for us at the moment to provide a quality and professional service.

We met with Arsenal on Monday at their fantastic "Hub" building next to the stadium.  Fantastic layout and great for the local community. We have a terrific chat with Samir and Alan from their Gunners Fund who said they really liked what we are doing, but they didnt fund core costs - which is what we applied for.  Although naturally a bit disappointed, we totally understand all that. But they might actually fund a program. We are going to approach Change Grow Live.

Finally, a terrific meeting last night with Single Homeless Project re our first ever paid program which will now start on the 3 October - 7 sessions (six on consecutive Tuesdays, the seventh on the following Saturday).  We talked about structure and all the chat was positive. We both looking for various outcomes and are also anxious to get good numbers.  I feel we are offering a huge amount.

No comments:

Post a Comment