Wednesday 16 January 2019

Wednesday 16th January 2019 - walking app and step counting

Image result for sweatcoin

Posted 5:20pm

I mentioned this last year, but I have been actively using it a lot since the turn of the year.

Walking is, naturally, a terrific exercise. Just bringing 'movement' into your daily routine can bring great benefits. There are a lot of apps, and various pieces of technology, that encourage you to walk more, including counting steps. They say we should all aim for 10,000 a day.

HMHB ;promotes walking as a terrific boost to your energy levels. It is free, outdoors, and helps control various ailments.

Last year, Luke brought the "sweatcoin" app to my attention. The logo is above. I have found that it does make me walk more. You gain "coins" for the distance you walk, and these in turn can be swapped for "treats" - although you normally have to build up over time to enjoy the better ones.

I realised that I had been getting a bit lazy, using a bus ot train when I could have walked, so hev made a determined effort to get my 10000 steps a day. I think an app like this can just make you accountable. Visual aids like this are great. But, also they are not vital or mega important. Just get out and walk more. Enjoy the fresh air.

No comments:

Post a Comment