Tuesday 4 August 2020

Tuesday 4th August 2020 - Catch up re funding



Posted 1:45pm

This is a crucial time for many organisations like ours, especially as we really want seed funding - which will not just cover the day to day running of a project, but also mean we get salaries. We have been fortunate to get some Covid funding that has enabled us to provide weekly health packs, as this can pay for some volunteer expenses as well as the production costs.

I have just come off the telephone with the National Lottery who have a Covid Fund, and we applied on their "phase 2" part of this, to enable us to carry on with producing packs into the Autumn, as well as looking to pay a Personal Trainer for gym sessions (if Better will allow us to do this).  I was thinking of applying to the Phase 3 release, but they told me that our "2" application was being look at (which is a good sign I hope), and that would would not be allowed to have two applications in at one go. This is sort of good, as I think I would have had to spend the whole of today on that - and it frees me up to do other stuff.

Mostly though, we want to have the opportunity to speak to central government. We deserve a chance after our incredible feedback. Maybe we will get that. I have asked Jeremy Corbyn's office (my MP) if he can help assist with that. Let us see.

No comments:

Post a Comment