Saturday 1 August 2020

Saturday 1st August 2020 - Back on the Blog: Packs



Posted 9:30pm

My word. After promising myself a while ago I would keep up with the blogs during the pandemic, I have instead severely neglected them, to such an extent I made no entries in July.

We have not been sitting idly I can tell you.  In fact quite a lot of news on the packs to impart, and we will be making daily blog entries in August. I have to say I am disappointed in myself for not keeping up to date the last few weeks, so am making it a target to do better this  month.

This weekend we are publishing the sixteenth (yes, Number 16) of our weekly health packs, that have now grown to 22 pages an issue.  Way back in April we designed our first. It was just 10 pages (although I am going to update it later next week and revise it up to 20 pages).  We have come a long way since then.  They take around three to four days to research and produce, and I am incredibly proud of the content we provide.
Each issue has three pages on a different aspect of Mind-set per week, three pages on Nutrition, an extra page on essential nutrients, a recipe page, three pages on Exercise, and two pages on a Health topic. Plus we have a fiendish quiz page, a picture game page, a News page (a recent addition), and more.

Feedback has been great. We have reached as far afield as the USA - our great friends Walk With A Doc.  Hackney CVS are promoting us throughout their borough, and I got a call from the Bridge Trust in Haringey, who have told us they love them and will now be promoting HMHB in their borough.  We reach into two other boroughs too (Islington and Camden).

For our recipe page, Lazza has been preparing new dishes - ones he has never cooked before. So far these have included;
Custard Tart;   Egg/Cheese Flan;  Meat Pie;  Chocolate Brownies;  Muffins;  Coconut Macaroons; and a lot more. A new talent has been discovered.

Do check them out on our new page on our website for Mental Health Packs, as all sixteen will be online as from Monday (fifteen there already) in PDF form. You can download or print.

www.hmhb2016.org.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment