Friday 25 August 2017

Friday 25th August 2017 - funny videos, guest speakers, new blog news

Image result for funny videos

Posted 1:45pm
It's a lovely bright afternoon - so I am sitting in my "office" (local place having a coffee, where I can plug in my laptop and work) catching up on project work. I am recovering well from the eye surgery - although it still feels like I have a drop of water on my eye, with a little bit of grit (the urge to give it a good rub is overwhelming - but I am being very good).

Our Ajani program is all about being positive, taking action, but also lifting your spirits and confidence. With that in mind, on our pilot we started each session with a small funny video - this could be a celebrity anecdote on a chat show, or a comedy sketch from an iconic series - something along those lines.  It went down very well too - in fact one of our users said how much she liked the videos as it put a smile on her face right from the start.

We are building up a good archive of videos to pick from - and this week I enjoyed several trips through Youtube, selecting a few new stories that literally made me laugh out loud.

Image result for guest speaker

We also brought in some guest speakers on our first pilot - one from the Oral Health Team, and another who completed a First Aid session.  Again, I wanted to expand that for our next program, and have already established three more professionals that, we feel, can enhance our own concept.  We will put guests on at the end of program days, so that it does not interfere with our own delivery.  I do not want to put the subjects here at the moment, but I can say they cover topics on health, employment and volunteering - all of which are important.

Image result for blogging

Finally, we are going to launch our two new blogs in a couple of weeks.  They will be specifically covering the topics around Ajani and Walking - This will correspond with our new program, but also I need time to add some content onto them first.  I think both will be informative and exciting for our users, as well as relevant to anyone going through issues, and the general public too.  These things take time to grow, so patience is required.  Everyone has to launch at some stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment