Tuesday 29 August 2017

Tuesday 29th August 2017 - some great communications - part 1 - Jordan Syatt

Image result for jordan syatt
Jordan Syatt

Posted 12:45pm
Please excuse any spelling errors as I have just come back from my two-week check up following my eye surgery on the detached retina - all going well apparently, but they had to introduce drops that have left me light sensitive and my vision in both eyes slightly blurred.  I'll struggle on!! :-)

We have had a few very interesting and exciting communications lately that I would like to share.
The first is with Jordan Syatt - pictiured. On his website it says:

For those interested, I am a 5x World Record Powerlifter as well as a Precision Nutrition and Westside Barbell Certified coach. I’ve been featured in a variety of media publications including CNN, The Huffington Post, Men’s Fitness Magazine, Schwarzenegger.com, T-Nation.com and I have a Bachelors of Science in Health & Behavior Science with a focus in Strength & Conditioning.

I came across his name when I researching for the Ajani pilot - I was looking for short videos about mindset and fitness and health - and on Youtube Jordan is very active - I would urge people to check out his site, especially around fitness and training.  I was more interested in the analogy towards life in general - for example we play one of his videos around "it's ok to fail".

I know they went down well during the program, and it enhanced our own delivery. And his American accent is awesome too. Another reason he came over well is that there was not arrogancy. Some fitness professionals can appear to be "look at me" - "look at my body" - sort of people. Jordan very much is someone you would welcome sitting down and chatting to.

With that in mind, I contacted him to say how much we had enjoyed his videos and used them during our program. And, maybe being a bit cheeky, I asked if he would be prepared to have a chat about possibly doing a bespoke video just for our Ajani service users. I feel, especially for people going through issues and recovery, they very much like to feel that the course or program staff really want to help them, and not just anyone.  I certainly responded better to people when I was recovering from depression a few years ago if I felt they were trying to help me, as Lawrence.

Amazingly, as I know how busy he must be, and probably gets a lot of requests, Jordan has responded and we are setting up a telephone conversation in the next two weeks. If anything comes from that, well that would be terrific.

He says a lot of the things that Ajani stands for. About responsibility, choice, taking action etc. I feel very flattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment