Friday 18 October 2019

Friday 18th October 2019 - How "what's the point?" can be overwhelming

Image result for what's the point

Posted 1:00pm

Good old Snoopy. Getting to the crux of life. But it is something we do need to answer.

I have to be honest. I was chatting to one of our wonderful users, Rosie, this morning, as we finished the exercise/walk on Highbury Fields. I, frustratingly, am still fighting the flab. It seems a constant battle - which should be easy.  Anyway, we were talking abou the last few weeks. She has struggled too.

For HMHB, ever since we heard back negatively from the lottery (although we are looking to put another application in) it has felt like we are just banging our heads against a brick wall. For around six weeks it has felt like a huge "what's the point?". All this effort, all the meetings, all the paperwork, all the preparation, and for what?

I would also add that my own health - the knees, hernia, tiredness, and my complete failure on my weight loss, all combined, has not helped (but I will overcome, this is just a blip, and I am determined to regain the energy, belief, and focus.

This can be for anyone - whether employed or out of work, young or old, male or female, iin good mental health or suffering with issues, even if fit or unfit. It comes down to that fighting mentality, the Growth Mind-set, the challenge of life.

We, at HMHB, need to put aside the disappointment and look at the positives - of which there are many. We do have ideas, but time is beginning to work against us. We need to make bold decisions and push forward.

That "What's the Point?" attitude will get us nowhere. It is so easy to feel it. However, it can be overcome. I am sorry if this has been a bit personal. I just wanted to show that we all are continually trying to make something of our lives. We all need hope and targets, even if they can feel out of our reach. The only way for anything to happen, and there are no guarantees in life, is to step out into the unknown, push forward, get your voice heard, and hope that things click into place.

And that goes for everyone. All of you. Don't give up!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment