Friday 25 October 2019

Friday 25th October 2019 - Letter for DWP draft - special event for walkers

Image result for special events

Posted 1:20pm

As I have led with the graphic above, I will start with the upcoming special event.

Izzwalkz is approaching its third birthday, and we are celebrating it twice. Why not!! It has been a wonderful consistent part of Healthy Minds, Healthy Bods. Virtually all ups, the occasional down, but lots of laughter and friendship.

So the birthday walk (on Thurs 14 Nov) will be great. I am repeating the tree walk we did for our 150th, but this time I have done a lot of research on the various trees, with interesting information, which will enhance everyone's knowledge. Then we will return to the centre for some drinks and nibbles, speeches and photos. We are really looking forward to it, especially as the Mayor is attending too.

Then the week after, on the Wednesday 20th November, I have managed to arrange a wonderful surprise trip. I do not want to say here, as some walkers may read this blog, and I do not want to give anything away. It does involve us travelling towards the Bank/Monument area, and will be around midday. It is also free, and that is always a good thing. It is very exciting, and I know everyone will love it. We will be taking a group of around 15.

Moving on to the DWP letter. We want to talk about the programme, especially getting it into the Job Centres, and as previously stated on this blog, we have four London borough DWP managers who all support us. I have done a first draft of the letter which I will be sending to Scott and Luke to look over and make changes - of which I am sure there will be a few.  I may ask Jeremy Corbyn's office if they will send it for us.  I will let the blog know more as things progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment