Friday 17 May 2019

Friday 17th May 2019 - News galore - plus personal

Image result for news clipart

Posted 2:15pm

Feels like there is a lot to report. I still cannot believe it's the middle of May already - the days are flying by.

We have completed the first draft of a four page initial lottery proposal. I have sent copies to various people to look through and we will be doing several different drafts before we are happy. One of the people it went to was the North London Lottery representative, who we met last year. She was lovely and we will naturally add or change anything she suggests. We all understand just how crucial this is for our development. I am keeping everything crossed.  And we have started on the thinking behind the video - including music to accompany it.. I have my own ideas of course.

We need to continue building our program and networking. I have followed up today with emails to both Peabody and Better Lives - both of whom we want to run one off taster sessions with, and both have expressed great interest in doing so, I just want to get dates in diaries so we have targets down. There is always a great deal of back and forth. It's a challenge. We have also followed up with Haringey Well-Being following our absolutely fabulous taster session with them - and I still am flabbergasted at the terrific feedback we got from that. I want to get a program date down in the diary too.

Single Homeless Project are pushing our fitness sessions, which is brilliant. We may even be getting another personal trainer from them - although our wonderful PT Dean is our number one - we love him. We really ant the numbers to grow on these sessions - so keeping all crossed.

Personally - just wanted to say thanks to everyone who does read this. Many of our service users, and people associated with HMHB, are going through some kind of physical or mental health problems. We understand more than others how this affects your life. I am waiting for surgery myself, but that does not compare with what some people are going through.  All I can say is, life is short. Things happen. It can be hard, but push on, keep being proactive, and don't let the buggers get you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment