Friday 17 January 2020

Friday 17th January 2020 - juggling lots of balls

Image result for work is like juggling 5 balls

Posted 3:30pm

The graphic above is meant to depict me (what a lovely smile) with my hands full of meetings, courses, emails, posters, and contacts.  It feels like I am juggling at the moment, hoping none of thee balls fall.

But it is great being busy. I have to admit I love it. I was always someone who enjoyed working to approaching deadlines, needing to complete a lot of tasks.  And so far, touching the wooden table in front of me, things continue to tick along nicely.

Today we followed up on a terrific meeting with Islington Job Centres. We hooked up with the overall DWP Borough Manager, Geoff, and two disability offices - including Laraine who took part in our taster session with Peabody last year.  We chatted about our two courses, how we can market them to the people signing on, and what they needed from us, and us from them. We have targets we are looking to achieve, but we also are very much aware that they want to see certain results too.
It was, as I say, very productive. I have sent them today two new flyers, a copy of our evaluation form (which I have amended appropriately), and we have dates in our diaries for me to attend both Finsbury Park (next week) and Barnsbury (in February).

We also followed up on the Camden Job Centre course at the Living Centre on three Saturdays in February. We sent them a flyer/poster and I am going to chat to them next week. I have also asked if I can spend all next Friday at the job centre, taking a roller banner and flyers, and see if we can get at least 10-15 people to sign up. We still need to speak with Mind In Camden and the local Health Centres re the other two dates - for some reason everyone is so slow in responding!!! Talk about frustration.

I think this weekend I will draw up a good to-do list. This is very important I feel to ensure that I stay on track and do not miss anything. We have our first Ajani with Peabody on Monday - which they have not marketed well - so I am not expecting much. Hey ho!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment