Friday 3 January 2020

Friday 3rd January 2020 - Optimism and Planning

Image result for optimism

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.”

Posted 2:00pm

So here we are now - officially three days into the new year, and back to the grind of the project - or should I say challenge? It is how you see work that then affects how you deal with it.. If you look at something as if it is difficult then it is harder than if you look at it as something exciting to overcome.

Next week is going to be extra tough. I need to get confirmation of all of the courses we have organised - venues, dates, marketing etc. Some are done, but all still need focus and attention.

There have been quite a few meetings I have tried to arrange, but people just do not respond. So I need to be proactive - and will be just turning up at offices and asking to talk. If the person is not in I will make sure I do not leave without a date in the diary.  There is a lot of work I need to get done, so the quicker I can get these dates organised, the faster I can then move on to the other stuff.

It has been a good couple of days so far.


Yesterday we had our first Izzwalkz CP of the year. The weather has been quite mild and we had a lovely catch up. There were coffee/teas at the house in Clissold Park, and we talked about the new year (and new decade) and how we can all try and stay healthy. There are several of our regular walkers going through some tough times at the moment, some with quite serious health issues. All we can do is send our best wishes and thoughts, and hope that things work out well.

For people with laptops, and who use anti-virus, Lazza can offer words on advice on auto-renewal. We use Norton on the business laptop. It's renewal is in January, but Lazza always turns off the auto-renewal, and for good reason. Just before Christmas, Norton tried to take £59.99 to renew the one year subscription.  Instead, Lazza waited for the sales and just bought a one year renewal for £24.99. Saving £35. Not bad!!!!

HMHB hopes everyone is looking forward to the new year. This is such a great time to reflect on your mental health and physical activity. What could you be doing better? How can you improve? We all can make small changes.

On that note - Lazza (me) will admit he still has struggled with weight. In fact, and I am not sure i really want to admit it, on the 1 January I was the heaviest I have ever been in my entire life. I had reached a whopping 100.2kgs. It's a massive wake up. So, and I know I have said this before, I am determined to make this the year I really sort it out. Half a kilo a week will get me to a good target at the end of 2020. I am accountable to many now. I will do this. No excuses any more. It's going to be tough because of my leg (knee) issues. I cannot run, walking is painful, but I will lose this excess weight. Let us all set ourselves achievable targets and goals. Find someone to guide and support you. Good luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment