Thursday 30 January 2020

Thursday 30th January 2020 - Follow ups plus job centre work

Image result for follow up work

Posted 3:30pm

I have been busy following up on all the contacts we have made in the last few days, from the events and job centre visits. It is very important to ensure we do that. I had a selfie with one lady I met at the volunteering fair yesterday, all about Shingles awareness and a vaccine for older people. I promised to send it to her, which I did. She sent a lovely reply, thanking me for the photo and saying, which is true, how many promise to contact but then you never hear.

We have had two people so far say they would like to help volunteer with us, which is terrific. One for fitness sessions, and one for the course.  So all good.

Tomorrow, Luke is going to head to Finsbury Park Job Centre to try and get people to sign up to the course starting next Wednesday at the offices of Better Lives. I'm really hoping we can get good numbers, especially as BL are being so great by allowing us to use their space.  He will speak to clients, hand out leaflets, and get as many email addresses as possible.

I am heading back to Kentish Town, as we need to shake them up a little. Pick up is slow, but when we spoke to people there was a lot of interest. It is such a tight deadline. I am really nervous that we will only get one or two people. We certainly could not have done more - but when reliant on other organisations, and they do not have an active interest themselves, it can be difficult.

Keeping everything crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment