Friday 16 October 2020

Friday 16th October 2020 - Outdoor fitness during Tier 2 lockdown news: Plus blog success


 

Posted 10:10am

I was seriously worried this week when it was announced that London would be entering Tier 2 lockdown measures from 12:01am Saturday morning - just 14 hours away.

I was not worried for me. I, like many of us, am being sensible, masking up when appropriate, social distancing as much as I can, but also trying to live my life as best as I can.  I am typing this at the "office", White Swan Wetherspoons Highbury, upstairs away from most people, and will be here for at least eight hours today.

I was concerned about our terrific daily fitness sessions, that are still popular. I did read that the Rule of 6 was applying to exercise sessions.  That means, according to the government website:

"It is against the law for people to gather in a group of more than six, whether indoors or outdoors, unless covered by an exemption. This limit does not apply to meetings of a single household group or support bubble which is more than 6 people"

However, there are exemptions.  And I was delighted to read this morning that "outdoor" exercise sessions are fine, as long as social distancing rules are adhered to, which we have been doing since April.  I messaged everyone this morning to explain the rules, and hopefully this means we will continue to sweat together for a while longer.

Finally:  I was sort of surprised to realise that this is the first week this year - so in the whole of 2020 - when we have made blog entries on every week day. I am really trying to make every effort to keep up with social media. We have been posting Facebook and Twitter entries a lot more recently, and have also been adding back to the health blog. Yay!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment