Thursday 29 October 2020

Thursday 29th October 2020 - Funding Applications: Health Blog: Accounts software


Posted 12:30pm

Yep, that clipart seem to sum me up at the moment - drowning in paperwork and looking to be rescued.

There separate updates here - some good, some not so much.

We are currently waiting to hear on several applications, and finished another one today. This one is for the Comic Relief Covid Fund, and we are hoping they will fund the health packs from December to February.  We were so grateful to Islington Giving who sponsored for four months from April to July.  Then the Lottery stepped in and sponsored them for the next four months (Aug to Nov). We are really hoping that Comic Relief will then help us for the three months to the end of February.  As always, we believe our application was solid, but it is also very competitive. Keeping Fingers Crossed.

Delighted to be adding to the Health Blog again. In fact, in the packs we claim we add over ten entries a week, so that is a real incentive to find interesting and relevant information and guidance on our four main topics:  mind-set, health, nutrition and exercise.  And I know that they get read, as I can see the access from here. Yay!!!!

Finally, a little tale. We have Sage Accounting software.  I did management accounts for years, and I know how important it is, especially for our funders, that people see we are responsible with our funding and use it properly.  I had an email yesterday from Sage saying they wanted to upgrade me to a newer software, for a 20% increase in cost (from £20 plus vat a month to £24 plus vat a month). The newer software was "better" apparently. However, if I wanted to stay as I was it was going to cost me £25 plus vat a month (increase of 25%0.  In other words, total blackmail.  Transfer to the new software or we will charge more money!!!  And this is legal!!!!  I did argue a bit. Hey ho!! Onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment