Sunday 18 December 2016

Sunday 18th December 2016 - diaries are going to be a hit

Posted 11:15pm
Quite satisfied with how things are going.  The diaries are definitely a hit.  And I can say that as I am using them, and found them to be useful.
It was an idea I had for a while, but admittedly had not tried.  So the four I have been running all week, and I have made sure I have been honest on all, were the food, budget, exercise and sleep.
The food one has been great.  I just put a video on You-tube ( @hmhb2016 ) where I said I realised that writing things down put things into perspective - the amount I nibble is horrendous.  A reality check. This week coming has Christmas day at the end, but I am going to be extra vigilant.
The exercise one too has been useful, as if I don't do anything, or do little, everyone would see.  The app on my phone is great for outdoor walking too.
The budget one has made me stop and think about spending - even the fact of getting lunch or a coffee when I am out.  Is this necessary? Especially at a time when money is horrendously tight?
The sleep one is making me realise that I must try and get that under control.  I have downloaded the Headspace app and am going to try a bit of that this week.

Have a meeting with Public Health this Wednesday, but that the only work related meeting this week. I am sitting three times for my elderly friend, which is useful for pocket money, but can use a lot of time split between improving my health/fitness/weight and concentrating on the program content, and exploring a different idea I had with Scott this week.

Overall, HMHB is coming along well - as are Izzwalkz (I am going to push to start the Highbury Fields one by the third week in January).

No comments:

Post a Comment