Wednesday 7 December 2016

Wednesday 7th December 2016 - Terrific Presentation - plus Izzwalkz news


The SHP and HMHB team


Posted 10:05am
Yesterday was brilliant.  Months and months of preparation, paperwork, meetings and a smidgeon of stress culminated in a solid presentation at the Euston Partnership building near to Warren Street.

Massive thanks to Single Homeless Project for hosting us, and the opportunity of getting people together all in one room.  And I got positive vibes from people there.

We started with a quiz - with a difference. SHP spoke about themselves and why they are looking to use our project with their service users. Scott said some wonderful words about how we had met, and I should add that without his help I would not be anywhere near to where we are now.  The pic about has the two ladies from SHP (Amy and Amanda), me in the middle (I must lose the weight!!) then Luke and Scott.

The Power Point went well.  I enjoyed delivering it - and afterwards realised I had forgotten a couple of quite important parts - but hey ho it did not detract at all.  I was a bit nervous, as it has been my baby for such a time.

Overall, amazing experience - and I am really hopeful that Circle Housing, Change Grow Live, Business In The Community, Disability Action Islington will all give us an opportunity to work with them.  And terrifically I have already set up a meeting with Ian from the DWP in regards to talking about a Job Centre pilot and possible funding.  We also had a terrific chat with Public Health, and that could prove to be a great opportunity.

Izzwalkz is also going well.  I have collected the new flyers - A5 size (will put a pic up on the next entry).  We have had contact from Islington Gazette (I emailed them) and we should be in this week's issue.  Hackney Gazette are also interested.  On Sunday I emailed the Camden and Islington NHS, and they emailed me back to ask for more details so they can feature us.  I am hopeful that over the next few weeks the numbers can increase.  It would be nice to get into double figures before 2017, and hopefully from then on always manage to get that kind of number.

I am going to pop into Islington Central Medical Centre to chase up on the Highbury Fields walk I want to launch in January.

Still on a high from yesterday - caught up on sleep last night.  Lots to do still.  We have to develop the content on the delivery - but that is fun.

Finally - this is a team efffort.  Not just me. Scott, Adam, and Rosemary who have been so supportive over the last few years - and my committee - have all contributed in their way, and I look forward to working alongside Adam on this project, as well as Scott as we move forward.  Kacper, for his social media input, and the incredible amount of time he has given on the website (dealing with my constant nagging!!). Luke for coming on board.  And all the people who have supported along the way - my friends who read this!!!  Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment