Wednesday 7 December 2016

Wednesday 7th December 2016 - Izzwalkz promotion


Posted 10:40pm
After the euphoric feelings from yesterday's Ajani presentation, I really wanted to use today to concentrate on the Izzwalkz initiative.  Tomorrow will be our third Clissold Park walk, and I am looking forward to it very much.
I travelled to see Islington Central Medical Centre to chat about the walk I want to start in January in Highbury Fields, and left my number.  I chatted with them around three weeks ago, and am hopeful they will partner up with me for that one.  I am also actively looking around for partners for the other three I am planning - Finsbury Park, Whittington Park and Kings Cross (probably with SHP) - and I have decided to also look at Dalston Park near to Old Street too.



We had the flyers delivered for the Clissold Park walk. 1000 A5 size.  I left half of them with Highbury Grange Medical Practice, and then I took others round the area with some posters.  Two chemists took flyers, as did Christ Church Highbury, Health Food shop in Highbury Barn, and Clissold Park themselves.  Over the next week I am going to drop some into local community halls, and the Practice is going to take to schools I believe, thinking of mums during the day.

I also blitzed Twitter with the walk, with some terrific retweets and contacts from there.  In fact, I am meeting up with a local lady - doctor - next week who contacted after seeing the Tweet.  Exciting stuff I hope.

Not only that - I contacted GT Magazine which is run by Age UK, askinhg if they could feature us in the quartely magazine.  The next one has gone to printers, but they felt we could be in the one after that.  I am sending them more info.  All in all - a good day forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment