Monday 7 November 2016

Monday 7th November 2016 - upbeat with good news

Image result for islington central medical centre

Posted 1:00pm
An afternoon posting as I am working on various project stuff.
After a tough week last week, it was good to start off with a few pieces of good news.

Earlier I had a good chat with the Operations Manager for Islington Central Medical Centre - Aniko Szulyovszky.  Another person who got the project immediately and could see the benefits.  We are teaming up with Highbury Grange Medical Practice for the Clissold Park walk starting later this month, and I wanted to discuss the opportunity of joining up with ICMC for a walk in Highbury Fields.  They seemed interested and she said she would discuss this with the doctors at their meeting later this week.  Terrific stuff.

I also received the flyers for the first walk in Clissold Park.  I dropped some off at the surgery, and will be dropping other off around the area.  I will also be printing up a couple of posters, and contacting the local paper too.  We start on Thursday 24th November at 11am.

Finally, I had approached the Red Cross, as I felt it important to have an up to date First Aid certificate if I am dealing with members of public, but without money currently I pleaded poverty and asked if they had charity places on their courses.  I explained that I would be doing a pilot program with SHP.  They called me back this morning and, ironically, they train the SHP staff so knew the organisation.  And the Red Cross made me a fantastic offer.  Once we know when the program is running, they will do a short 2-3 hour course, not only for myself and Luke - as members of staff - but also for the people on the course too.  They would end up with a certificate, and it will be something they can put on CVs too.  A wonderful gesture.

This has all really lifted me up.  I admit I was down last week, as previous blog entry said but, again, just being proactive and being positive has paid dividends.

No comments:

Post a Comment