Wednesday 9 November 2016

Wednesday 9th November 2016 - Networking and personal

Image result for networking

Posted 2:40pm
Sitting in the cafe in the KPMG building in Canary Wharf.  This area is terrific - and just thinking what it was like here around 20 years ago is quite sobering.  More and more tall buildings going up - they are even reclaiming land from the Thames to build on.  But it goes to show what you can achieve from one small idea for the initial building, to what it is now.

Had some good news in that we are meeting Arsenal in the Community tomorrow - if they can be involved in some way that would be terrific.  But I imagine, like funders, they get a lot of approaches and can only deal with so many, so if nothing comes from it this time then that is fine.

Attending a network event this evening, being run by the London Small Business Centre, in East London - near to All Saints Docklands Light Railway Station.  I used to go to a lot of these when I first started with this concept a few years ago - in fact I must have participated in at least 50 over all the time.  They can be useful, and then again sometimes you get nothing from them.  I have not actually been to one for around three years, but thought it was about time.  It was also free, always a nice gesture.  Not exactly sure what the topic is, as there is normally some kind of talk involved.  I will certainly be looking to attend quite a few more over the next few months.

On a personal note, because of sleep issues, I know I have not done as well over the last seven/nine days.  A sudden sit back and think made me realise that I had started finding excuses not to do exercise and eat better, so that is changing from today.  I have started developing good habits - regularly attending gym, and avoiding various shop aisles which can lead to temptation - but need to balance project, life, and social better - again all part of the Ajani project.

No comments:

Post a Comment