Thursday 3 November 2016

Thursday 3rd November 2016 - more good meetings

Posted 9:45pm
Yesterday I attended a team leader meeting at SHP to present the project to them.  I brought along a gentleman called Luke, who I hope will end up delivering the program with me, to eventually end up doing them independently - that is if we can get the funds and the outcomes.  The dream is to be doing at least 24 a year in each borough, and obviously in several boroughs and beyond.
The program was really well received by all the people at the team leader meeting - and they will be gathering service users for the first program to start in January.
It was interesting doing a 15 minute pitch, and I was told I came over very well - so that's a good start.

Today I had a meeting with someone from Public Health Islington - they have started an interactive app for issues like smoking, alcohol, substances, sexual health.  I wanted to find a way to join in with the Council, and this looked ideal, as well as join up with Public Health.  They, also, were very enthusiastic, and it looks good going to the future.  Again, it appears our major stumbling block at the moment is serious funding.

I have been doing more work on the Power Point presentation we will be giving on the 6 December, and incorporated many adjustments passed to me by Adam, which were much better wording than some of mine.  I did not do all changes, as I have reasons for some of the stuff on there obviously. But I am so happy that people are giving input, which can be valuable.

Meeting my daughter tomorrow night - which will be a welcome break to the fun/stress of all this.

No comments:

Post a Comment