Sunday 20 November 2016

Sunday 20th November 2016 - a little break frees the mind

Posted 10:40pm
I realise that I have not posted for a few days, but I needed to just step away and refresh my mind. The next few months are going to be very busy and I will not get a lot of free time - even over Christmas.
In a couple of weeks is the presentation.  And then in January we hope to start our first pilot.
On top of that, our first weekly walk starts this Thursday.

This coming week will really involve a lot of preparation.  It's funny - so many of these "starting a small business" courses focus on Business Plan, Policies, Spreadsheets etc.  I think this can give a false impression to people that once those things are in place everything will be cool.  Maybe in a few circumstances it works like that, but this is not one of them.

I need to finalise the Power Point presentation, as well as get a kind of Agenda order for the day.  I am also working on the content of each of the thirteen weeks of the program.  I am determined for none of them to be boring, and we will not be lecturing people.  I want games, quizzes, fun interaction, but also a sense of building confidence and awareness and self-belief.

I am also still working on different funding spreadsheets, depending on number of programs and number of areas.  All that would involve staff numbers, different expenses etc.  To make it work, after the pilot I think a minimum of 16 programs a year in one area would be required.  My aim is to have 24 a year per borough.  But so much pressure is on me to provide the funding for all this.

I am so lucky to have a great team behind me, and with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment